Five awards of 1,000 Euros each and a public recognition of excellence were offered to the winners
The Awards Ceremony was held on September 9th 16:30 UTC in the Aula Magna of the University of Macerata (IT), in the Conference on Financial Reporting in the 21st Century: Standards, Technologies and Tools. The Awards Ceremony, broadcasted as webinar, includes the presentation (by Herm Fischer and Ignacio Boixo) of a generic proof of concept tool (soon here), converting a flat file into a XBRL instance document (according to the IT GAAP taxonomy), as well as its validation and visualization with the open source viewer Arelle.
Probably due to the summer period, the entries in the competition were not as expected, and the Awards remains reserved for a forthcoming edition.
XBRL Spain is looking for IT Architectural proposals suitable to be potentially developed as Open Source deliverables by way of Public Fundraising.
The goal is facilitate the capture, analysis, creation and viewing of XBRL reports, to be used by citizens, small investors, IT SMEs and academia, as well as a help for implementing XBRL within supply chains while reducing regulatory burden. This is an initiative to complement and collaborate with existing solutions in the areas in which the current offerings are limited or inexistent, especially on dimensional taxonomies.
The correct IT architecture is a critical success factor in any IT development. Therefore, XBRL Spain, via this Inaugural IT Architectural Competition, invited XBRL IT experts worldwide to propose IT architectures to be potentially used as basis for future developments. Contact point: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for proposals: Submissions by September 1st, 2011, 23:59 UTC, in the following five categories:
- IT architecture to develop an open source converter from legacy formats to XBRL reports. It must be customizable for each XBRL taxonomy.
- IT architecture to develop an open source downloader from XBRL instance documents into a relational database. It must be easily customizable for each XBRL taxonomy.
- IT architecture to develop a generic open source human-computer interface for viewing XBRL reports. Proposed interfaces: HTML and Spreadsheet.
- IT architecture for guidance to Supervisors and Reporting Entities on XBRL implementation for Primary Reporting.
- Free choice: Any other IT relevant topic related with the business case described in the role of XBRL solutions.
IT architects were warmly invited to join the adjudication panel, co-chaired by Prof. Dr. Enrique Bonsón, XBRL Spain Vice-President, IJDAR editor, and Herm Fischer, XBRL Standards Board, XBRL Formulae WG Chair, with the participation of Aditya Sharma, Director in Consulting Practice; Roland Hommes, XBRL Standards Board, XBRL Quality Review Team Chair and Eduardo González, Open Source IT entrepreneur. As Secretary of the Panel is serving Ignacio Boixo, OpenFiling President.